Throughout the conference we will be holding a number of stimulating lunchtime workshops discussing a number of very important challenges that natural product drug and nutraceutical discover faces. We hope that the outcomes of these workshops will help to ensure that nutraceutical and natural product pharmaceutical research advances beyond where it is now, in terms of available technologies, quality of data and challenges presented through the regulatory process.
Workshops will be open to all delegates and will involve discussion of specific topics by an expert panel, followed by questions and answers by the audience.
- Novel tools for nutraceutical/NP pharmaceutical research: Panel Chair – Professor Phil Whitfield (University of the Highlands & Islands)
- Biotechnology and upscaling of production: Panel Chair – Professor Marcel Jaspars (University of Aberdeen). Panel Members – Dr Grégory Mouille (Institut Jean-Pierre Bourgin), Stephen Roe (Advanced Microwave Technologies)
- Nutraceuticals and TCM’s in practice: Panel Chair – Professor David Adelson (University of Adelaide)
- Regulation and Health Claims for NP pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals: Panel Chair – Professor Michael Spedding (IUPHAR and Spedding Research Solutions)
- Developing a database of nutraceuticals and NP-pharmaceuticals: Panel Chair – Professor Michael Spedding (IUPHAR and Spedding Research Solutions)
- Social Responsibility and Sustainability of exploiting natural resources – Panel Chair - Professor Marcel Jaspars (University of Aberdeen). Panel Members – Dr Fanuel Lampaio (University of Malawi), Aaron Etra (ICMAN)